• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold and My Rental Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tgrandchamp

What is the name of your state?Texas
I requested a mold check on my apt when my son was getting sick at night a lot better at school. He started having asthma attacks more and more. I had reported ten months earlier a leak in the bathtub and my concern that water had leaked under the floor and into my son's closet. They fixed the tub, but no further investigation. The airborne report came back as High levels of penicillium/aspergillus mold 1140 spores...is that high? Outside reading was 298 spores. They moved us, and I called three days later worried that my furniture may still have it in it. They assured me it did not and would not test my new place for mold. They called me back the next day and said cleaners would be coming to clean my furniture, it does have mold. They still will not check my new place for mold and my son is still sick...what can I do?

Take Action

We are in a similar situation. You need to document everything and be very vigilant because your child is still sick. Take them to their doctor to have them tested for allergies to mold (they can do blod tests). Have the doctor make recommendations and see if they would write a letter for you. Contact you local health agency, housing/building inspector, and housing authority. I would also file with your state's comsumer protection agency. You may also want to call a professional mold inspector/tester for advice. They can be found in the yellow pages under "Mold Removal."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">