• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold in workplace - who is responsible - do I have a claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SandyFL

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL. I have a small business un a strip mall. We have been dealing with water in the office - and mold - of and on for over a year now, with repreated attempts to get the property manager to look into the problem. I am now month-t--month. In June, the water problem got much worse and we noticed moldy spots on the carpet in several places. Finally, we took up the worst of it and threw it out. The mgr finally (after over a year), sent someone out to see where the water was coming from. Turned out to be from the restarant next door - a leaky pipe. The wallboard was exposed and black mold was growing all alonmg the wall. I have pictures. They kept saying they would fix it but all that has been done is fix our side of the wall - still no carpet, which is fine since another leak just appreared - problem not fixed obviously. Worried about the health hazard (and having headaches, coughs, etc), we finally just decided to give notice and get out right away and did not pay the last months rent. Should I call the EPA and try to get them to test it before we leave? I am wondering if I might have a claim. I was exposed to the mold in the open wall for 2 months before it was closed up, not to mention the other moldy spots on the floor.

JETX

SandyFL said:
Should I call the EPA and try to get them to test it before we leave?
Of course you can do that if you want...

I am wondering if I might have a claim. I was exposed to the mold in the open wall for 2 months before it was closed up, not to mention the other moldy spots on the floor.
So what??
The old assumption that ALL mold is 'black death' is a lawyers dream... and not true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">