• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnifiknow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif.

In what order should I place my complaints, Peaceful Enjoyment violations or Breach of Habitabiity?
I had been promised the moon in order to have me rent this place however you know how that goes as I do now.
My place has never been habitable known leaky roof areas, unreported mold in over 10% of the ceiling area. by the owner, electrical wiring problems, etc. Plus the repairwork waiting period was well over a month. The hubby doesn't get out of bed before 1430 hrs. Time spent each time in general was 2 hrs each visit since April 2014. The landlady got so comfortable at my place that she stole two saucepans from the kitchen cupboard, I've caught both her and her companion inside my bulletin board and inside my embroidery box where I keep a 911 cell phone.
The wife had abused her telephone privileges with me so I cut her loose after she refused to stop calling me at all hours or else she would call me to tell me that I didn't answer the phone as quckly as she thought I should. smh.
While she had me distracted with the bulletin board ruse, he had time to open the embroidery box and fondle the shell shaped phone. Luckily I had set it up to sound off right after it had charged. I caught him red-handed as I did his wife when she pulled a thumb-tacked post card down from the cork board. They had me in the middle.

On the average, she has been in my home 3x a month not to mention the companion that she now brings with her since I told her that she has to return the items that she has stolen. This includes two Logitech mice.
I have learned more than I care to have learned about this Armenian woman. She has no idea about the laws and if she does, she sure isn't following them. Her son even told me that I had no rights in their contract with me! (That alone told me that neither one knew what they were doing) I believe this place has been purchased with unreported tax monies from when the landlady and companion owned their tobacco stores in LA somewhere around the Glendale area. She volunteered the information plus he shared with me where he kept the money!
They still have inventory from the tobacco shop(s) insomuch that she wanted to sell to me right out of her garage.

Back to my initial question. Should I go with Peaceful enjoyment breach or the Habitability breach.
Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge and time.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif.

In what order should I place my complaints, Peaceful Enjoyment violations or Breach of Habitabiity?
I had been promised the moon in order to have me rent this place however you know how that goes as I do now.
My place has never been habitable known leaky roof areas, unreported mold in over 10% of the ceiling area. by the owner, electrical wiring problems, etc. Plus the repairwork waiting period was well over a month. The hubby doesn't get out of bed before 1430 hrs. Time spent each time in general was 2 hrs each visit since April 2014. The landlady got so comfortable at my place that she stole two saucepans from the kitchen cupboard, I've caught both her and her companion inside my bulletin board and inside my embroidery box where I keep a 911 cell phone.
The wife had abused her telephone privileges with me so I cut her loose after she refused to stop calling me at all hours or else she would call me to tell me that I didn't answer the phone as quckly as she thought I should. smh.
While she had me distracted with the bulletin board ruse, he had time to open the embroidery box and fondle the shell shaped phone. Luckily I had set it up to sound off right after it had charged. I caught him red-handed as I did his wife when she pulled a thumb-tacked post card down from the cork board. They had me in the middle.

On the average, she has been in my home 3x a month not to mention the companion that she now brings with her since I told her that she has to return the items that she has stolen. This includes two Logitech mice.
I have learned more than I care to have learned about this Armenian woman. She has no idea about the laws and if she does, she sure isn't following them. Her son even told me that I had no rights in their contract with me! (That alone told me that neither one knew what they were doing) I believe this place has been purchased with unreported tax monies from when the landlady and companion owned their tobacco stores in LA somewhere around the Glendale area. She volunteered the information plus he shared with me where he kept the money!
They still have inventory from the tobacco shop(s) insomuch that she wanted to sell to me right out of her garage.

Back to my initial question. Should I go with Peaceful enjoyment breach or the Habitability breach.
Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge and time.
I suggest you discuss your complaints with a landlord/tenant lawyer in Hemet, to determine what your best course of action is.

Here is a link to Law Help California, a guide to free and low-cost legal aid assistance in California: http://lawhelpca.org

If you have been aware of problems with the unit since the beginning of your tenancy, and if you have been experiencing problems with the landlady since at least April 2014, you probably should not have renewed your lease. Here is a link to California's landlord tenant laws, so you can review the legal reasons for breaking a lease: http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catenant.pdf

If there is theft, or you are aware of (or suspect) illegal activities going on, you should contact the police. You can remain anonymous.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">