• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oil on my beach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buzz123

Florida

I have a beach front house and if NOAA forecasts are correct I should have oil on the beach soon. When I do it will keep me and my family from enjoying the water.

If I do get oiled do I have any kind of claim?

This is expensive real estate, expensive to buy, expensive to insure, and property taxes are high. I pay all that to be right on the Gulf and soon I won't be able to get the benefits. This time of year we spend a lot of time on the beach swimming and fishing, but won't we able to do that soon, and who knows how long it will last.

The property is waterfront with a riparian right.

ecmst12

By the time all this mess is solved, BP won't have enough money left to rub two nickels together, never mind pay nuisance claims like yours.

Frankly, the fish and wildlife have more of a right to that beach then you do, so I'll worry about them first.

Hot Topic

The local newscasts and papers should advise everyone in the area when the oil arrives, if they don't see it first themselves. Residents will probably spot people moving in to put up barricades to protect the inhabitants, especially the wildlife since they have no protective suits to put on. Others will sit back and gripe about how much money the spill is costing them and how their fun is being ruined.

If you willingly enter oiled water, which you can spot as well as probably smell, you deserve what you get.

HomeGuru

Florida

I have a beach front house and if NOAA forecasts are correct I should have oil on the beach soon. When I do it will keep me and my family from enjoying the water.

If I do get oiled do I have any kind of claim?

This is expensive real estate, expensive to buy, expensive to insure, and property taxes are high. I pay all that to be right on the Gulf and soon I won't be able to get the benefits. This time of year we spend a lot of time on the beach swimming and fishing, but won't we able to do that soon, and who knows how long it will last.

The property is waterfront with a riparian right.
**A: contact your politicians.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">