• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prove paint over mold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drummer300

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I recently bought a home. The previous owner said there was nothing wrong that he knew about. Well home improvement projects have uncovered mold. I think that the previous owner painted over the mold to hide it. Is there some way of proving this.

Searchertwin

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I recently bought a home. The previous owner said there was nothing wrong that he knew about. Well home improvement projects have uncovered mold. I think that the previous owner painted over the mold to hide it. Is there some way of proving this.
Did you even consider that maybe he didn't "hide" the problem, but took care of it the best way he knew how. Cleaning mold with the right material, letting it dry and than PAINT with paint that is design for mold. If you didn't notice the mold until you did some home improvements that suggested to me that's what he did. You must remember all homes have mold. My daughter had thick black mold about 4x6 feet in basement. I clean it, dried it, put dehumifieder down there and than bought paint for mold ($26-$32.00 a gallon) and it did perfect! It has been over a year and a half and no problem!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">