• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recently found mold in renting unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Torrance2490

Me and my currently pregnant girlfriend just discovered there is mold in the place we been living at since May 27th till now. It explains us getting sick, having headaches and myself feeling winded faster at practice. Before we move in the maintenance man told us how there is no mold here which was awkward because we didn't ask nothing about it. But my question is if we have a valid case?? Also we have pictures of the mold and figure out where the leak is that most likely caused it.. By the way we live in Arizona

quincy

Me and my currently pregnant girlfriend just discovered there is mold in the place we been living at since May 27th till now. It explains us getting sick, having headaches and myself feeling winded faster at practice. Before we move in the maintenance man told us how there is no mold here which was awkward because we didn't ask nothing about it. But my question is if we have a valid case?? Also we have pictures of the mold and figure out where the leak is that most likely caused it.. By the way we live in Arizona
First, most mold that you will find is not toxic mold. If you are concerned about the condition of your rental unit, however, the first action to take would be to contact your landlord.

Later, if necessary, you can have the rental unit inspected by your area health department.

If you and your girlfriend are getting sick, you should probably be checked out by a medical professional in your area. You can mention mold to the doctor if you think that is the cause of your ailments.

quincy

Thank you for taking the time to reply and your advice
You're welcome, Torrance2490.

Here is a link that provides some information on Arizona's Landlord Tenant Act, from the Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library: http://lawlibrary.arizona.edu/research/arizona-residential-landlord-tenant-law-guide

If you scroll about halfway down, you will come to an answer to the question: "What obligation does a landlord have in maintaining the residence and premises?" A landlord is obligated to provide a safe, clean and habitable residence for the tenant. If your landlord fails to take care of the mold in your rental unit, there are resources at the end of the link that you might want to check out.

I wish you the best, with your landlord, with your health and with the pregnancy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">