• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old runaway is going to be a father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Ozzie

I let my son have a long distance relationship. He in los angeles, she in san jose. I trusted her mother to take care of him. But she has manipulated him. She has convinced him to run away to san jose. To keep him and there daughter together. To make a long story short. This summer I had let him stay up there. He came back at the end of summer and the mother had bought him a plane ticket to run away w/o my permission. The mother says that In San Jose the police cannot touch him because he is 16 yr's old. I demanded that she put him back on the plane and she refused. I went up to go get him and he basically did not want to come home. I was upset and I came home. I didn't want to get into any kind of domestic trouble. I was very upset. The mother had lied to me. Just so that she can take my son from me. To keep him for his daughter. I don't know what to do. Meanwhile he has registered in a school up there and has got a job. Despite all that I still want him to come home. I need some help. This happened the end of aug. Now end of october. He had just called me for the first time since that date and now has told me that he has gotten his girlfreind pregnant. Can anybody out there help me. or is there anything I can do legally. Cause talking is not doing for me. Please help, Very depressed.

------------------
Ozzie Vega

L

LadyBlu

If he is only 16, and he has runaway, and he is living with his g/f and her mom, why havent you filed charges against the mother? 1. harboring a runaway, 2. Contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Because if he isnt at home with you he is obviously not going to school, and now has this girl pregnant? You should have called law enforcement the minute he refused to come home. I am still trying to understand how you could have allowed him to go there in the first place.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ozzie:
He came back at the end of summer and the mother had bought him a plane ticket to run away w/o my permission. The mother says that In San Jose the police cannot touch him because he is 16 yr's old. I demanded that she put him back on the plane and she refused. I went up to go get him and he basically did not want to come home. I was upset and I came home. I didn't want to get into any kind of domestic trouble. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a problem understanding how you could allow your 16 yr old to tell youwhat he is going to do.. I have a 16 yr old, he better not ever tell me he isnt coming home... first off I wouldnt send him to stay with his girlfriend for months on end, second of all a 16 yr old boy? Do you realize which head he is thinking with at that age? Hormones are running rampant.. and you didnt call the police to make him come home?
You have no sympathy from me, you are the adult, you allowed him to do this.

N

navywife_tx

I agree with LadyBlu that you should try to file charges against the mother of the girl for not talking your son into going home. I don't understand how the boy enrolled in school without his grades and all from the school he was attending in Los Angeles. I thought a parent had to sign a child in school? Am i wrong or did the girls mother also forge papers for him? I would check the schools there near where the girl lives to see if they do indeed have your son registered and then find out how he was enrolled without dropping from one school first. Get her on all that you can b/c she should've convinced him to return home instead of trying to shack him up with her daughter. Now look, the boy is only 16yr old and b/c the girls mother allowed him to shack up with her daughter, the girl is pregnant. Babies having babies b/c an adult wasn't responsible. I say, get that woman for all you can b/c she deserves it.

O

Ozzie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyBlu:
If he is only 16, and he has runaway, and he is living with his g/f and her mom, why havent you filed charges against the mother? 1. harboring a runaway, 2. Contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Because if he isnt at home with you he is obviously not going to school, and now has this girl pregnant? You should have called law enforcement the minute he refused to come home. I am still trying to understand how you could have allowed him to go there in the first place.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you lady blu. I still appreciate your input. my ex=wife has sole custody and what you said is exactly what I have been telling her to do.
sincerely
ozzie

------------------
Ozzie Vega

O

Ozzie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by navywife_tx:
I agree with LadyBlu that you should try to file charges against the mother of the girl for not talking your son into going home. I don't understand how the boy enrolled in school without his grades and all from the school he was attending in Los Angeles. I thought a parent had to sign a child in school? Am i wrong or did the girls mother also forge papers for him? I would check the schools there near where the girl lives to see if they do indeed have your son registered and then find out how he was enrolled without dropping from one school first. Get her on all that you can b/c she should've convinced him to return home instead of trying to shack him up with her daughter. Now look, the boy is only 16yr old and b/c the girls mother allowed him to shack up with her daughter, the girl is pregnant. Babies having babies b/c an adult wasn't responsible. I say, get that woman for all you can b/c she deserves it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you navywife. I still appreciate your input. my ex=wife has sole custody and what you said is exactly what I have been telling her to do.
sincerely
ozzie

------------------
Ozzie Vega

L

LadyBlu

You as a parent can also file against your ex for allowing this. I do hope you are going to take some type of legal action and hold these women responsible for allowing these kids to ruin their lives like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">