• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 yo girl 14 yo boy have child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Suddengranddad

I live in Massachusettes. My 14 yo son has a child with an 18 yo girl. Who would be responsible for child support? I'm hearing different things but have been told that we the parents will be held responsible. I will most likely retain an attorney. Does statutory rape play into this? Can we the grandparents take custody seeing we wern't even aware that she was pregant? My son told us after the baby was here. It's a big mess.The 18 yo girl things my son should live with her! HELP!

MySonsMom

The girl is an adult and the boy is a child. That doesn't change. She can have charges brought up on her for rape. I don't know about your other question regarding who is responsible. This is a very sad situation. 14 yrs old is SO young...so young. Barely a teenager..so unfortunate. Regardless tho, there is a child in the picture and should be dealt with accordingly. If you wish, bring charges up on the girl..If not I guess help what you can to the welfare of a VERY inoccent child. Good luck!

------------------
~MySonsMom~

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Suddengranddad:
Can we the grandparents take custody seeing we wern't even aware that she was pregant? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the girl is 18 and you have no direct right to the baby. Even your son has very few rights until court orders are in place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">