• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive Ex-Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

country

I have been an abused wife. Now after being divorced for over 5 years I am still getting threats and verbal abuse from my ex-husband. He has once or twice hit me and has threatened me with a gun in my face on my own property. I have called several times to the police and am asked is he still there. By this time he has left. They tell me that there is nothing I can do. We resently went to court to try to resolve more issues on visitation with the 3 children involved. He keeps getting more time with them and I keep loosing ground. I had a restraining/protective order on him. He sat in the back room of the court and name called made threats of we won't be back in court anymore that he will handle it next time his way. He has made threats to burn my home, kill me and family, etc. I have a log book I use to keep on dates and things he did. The day in the courts back room my lawyer and his lawyer were right there hearing this and did nothing. I need help!! I need to know what can I do!! I have to let the children go to this man knowing that he could someday hurt these kids. He has in the past when we were together. I can't seem to get the sheriffs office to listen. I was told by a detective that I was just nit picking. And I should quit causing trouble. Please advise me on what I can do. Do I have to wait until someone really gets hurt or killed to get someone to listen to me?

[This message has been edited by country (edited May 04, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">