• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption:Does it change anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

telebelly

I am in need of knowing that if my husband adopts my daughter(her bio dad is dead)whether that will change things with grandparents visitation. The gp is causing more harm than good in my childs life and I am looking for ways to eliminate her. No one has been able to answer this for thus far. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

MySonsMom

Do the grandparents have court ordered visitation right now? What state are you in?

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

I was under the impression that your GP have abused the child. Are you still allowing them visitation ?. Remember the TROXEL et vir. v. GRANVILLE decision can be circumvented if there is proof of abuse. Use that to get yourself into court and then see about removing all their rights based on violation on the 14th Amendment.

In answer to your question.. probably not. Most states that have Court Ordered Grand Parent visitation also allow for virtually anyone to go to court and get visitation. Need you state for a better answer.

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telebelly:
I am looking for ways to eliminate her. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful... I am sure there are many of us who would want to do that to ex's and others :)

T

telebelly

I live in PA and yes there is a GP visitation/custody order in place now.
I was NOT talking about anything illegal! I am looking for loopholes to annule her visitation and most of all an attorney that believes in parents rights and will use the Troxel vs Granville SSC ruling in my favor. Anyone know any?
Anyone know the adoption statutes in PA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">