• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ADULT ADOPTEE NEEDS HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carol7

I need to take a DNA test with my alleged mother so I can enroll in a Native American Tribe.

She refuses and hasn't spoke to me in the last four years and her last words were, "never contact me or my family ever again"

I have known her since 1963 and since my adoptive mother passed when that year, I was 14 and had no reason to believe that the person I was led to believe my mother was not.

Later, I was told (by my adoptive father's sister) that my birth mother was actuaLLY my adoptive mother. She hid that fact because my father was abusive and thought that he wouldn't hurt me if he thought that I was adopted.

It's a long and complicated story and the waters are murky but the bottom line is that this person won't speak to me, I have no idea where she is and my "cousin" told me that she was dying but that she couldn't devulge her whereabouts.

Is there any way that I can appeal to the court to have this dna test (maternity) done?? I have the original adoption records (they were opened up by a Native American court and I was told that I was Cherokee, but that I would have to prove it.

Please help, someone!!!!
You may also email me at [email protected]

------------------
Carol Jean

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carol7:
I need to take a DNA test with my alleged mother so I can enroll in a Native American Tribe.

She refuses and hasn't spoke to me in the last four years and her last words were, "never contact me or my family ever again"

I have known her since 1963 and since my adoptive mother passed when that year, I was 14 and had no reason to believe that the person I was led to believe my mother was not.

Later, I was told (by my adoptive father's sister) that my birth mother was actuaLLY my adoptive mother. She hid that fact because my father was abusive and thought that he wouldn't hurt me if he thought that I was adopted.

It's a long and complicated story and the waters are murky but the bottom line is that this person won't speak to me, I have no idea where she is and my "cousin" told me that she was dying but that she couldn't devulge her whereabouts.

Is there any way that I can appeal to the court to have this dna test (maternity) done?? I have the original adoption records (they were opened up by a Native American court and I was told that I was Cherokee, but that I would have to prove it.

Please help, someone!!!!
You may also email me at [email protected]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry for your problem.. but there is no way for you to get a court to order anything.. especially a DNA test.

I am surprised they want proof if you already have the original birth certificate and the adoption records..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">