• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AL - Seperation after 35 years of Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeanwhite

My mother moved out of my parent's house in GA and signed over the deed to my dad. She took her belongings and now lives with me in AL. She has been out 4 months and probably won't go back. There was some domestic violence and drinking by my dad and she finally had the guts to leave after 35 years. How do I get representation over her in case of a health concern or legal matter? Both parents are 59 yrs old, disabled and on SS.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeanwhite:
My mother moved out of my parent's house in GA and signed over the deed to my dad. She took her belongings and now lives with me in AL. She has been out 4 months and probably won't go back. There was some domestic violence and drinking by my dad and she finally had the guts to leave after 35 years. How do I get representation over her in case of a health concern or legal matter? Both parents are 59 yrs old, disabled and on SS. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just get her to sign power of attorney to you.. there are several different types so have her pick the one she wants and away you go...

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">