• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pippie

I live in California and was wondering what constatutes an annulment? I heard as long as the marrige is not consummated or if the marrige wasnt past a year. I would like to know in case I might just have to file. Please let me know, this is not just a bit of curiosity.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pippie:
I live in California and was wondering what constatutes an annulment? I heard as long as the marrige is not consummated or if the marrige wasnt past a year. I would like to know in case I might just have to file. Please let me know, this is not just a bit of curiosity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Length of marriage does not really make a difference for an annulment.. Also not consummating the marriage requires a reason as opposed to just not wanting to have sex with your partner.

Annulments require a valid reason or basis - The bases for an annulment or decree of nullity are:

Underage participants;
Prior existing marriage;
Physical incapacity;
Force;
Unsound mind; and
Fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">