• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment VS Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr.Wedgee

I am a 47 year old male that married for the first time at 45. I have researched annulment and divorce requirements. I have ample ammunition for annulment (ex. She lied about the number of times she was married before, she told me three times, I found out I am at least the 8th husband. She was busted for prostitution and lost her first child, she told me she gave it away. She stole money from me and put me in bankruptcy). These are just the tip of the iceburg.
At any rate I am not blamming anyone but myself and I left her six months into the marriage. I would prefer annulment over divorce for a variety of reasons but would divorce if neccessary. It will be two years this Oct. Is it to late for annulment and if not what is the procedure for this action.

G

goodmommy

You would need to check the laws in the state you live in. I know most laws state that as long the marriage is less than a year old or if it has never been consumated the marriage can be annuled. I would call some attorneys and explain your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">