• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bio-father in jail, but Adoptive mom can't get kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Natoshka

When I married my ex, he had five children, which I adopted. At the time of the divorce, he was given custody, because he was the biological father.

I am a not-so-good mother, because I lost track of where they were. I could not get an address for them. They have moved over 11 times in the last two years, without a forwarding address.

Since last July, my ex has been in jail five times, for hot checks, theft, skipping bond, not paying his fines, etc.., and the youngest two of the kids have been in Foster Care since then.

I was never contacted before the kids were put into Foster Care. DHS said it was not neccessary since I live in GA and the kids are in AR. I have been trying to get the kids to live with me, but DHS acts as though I don't exsist. Their (DHS) main concern is to get the father out of jail and reunite him with the youngest two in April.

I know I am not the world's greatest mom, but I know I can provide a more stable life for my children. Reguardless of where they end up, I want them to be safe, happy, and to know that they are loved.

If you have any information that could help me get custody of my kids, even temporary, would be greatly apprecited. Thank you and God bless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">