• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bloking the mother from taking her children away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SHAWNA2000

Is the something We can do to prevent the mother of the girls we have legal guardianship of, from taking them back? We have had them for 9 months. And she asked us to take care of them.

U

usdeeper

What are the reasons why you would not want to return them ?

S

SHAWNA2000

There are several reasons as to why we do not want them to return the girls...
she is a crystal meth user, her ring of friends are heroin users and dealers, swat teams have visited her home with guns drawn, she has been arrested 9 times on various charges, she is showing no attempt as to better her situation or standard of living. She is an habitual liar and says that that is the only way of getting what she wants. Please know that she lived with me for 2 months. All of these things are known to our family. When I picked her up from the airport to bring her to my home she proceeded to clean out the babies room of all of their belongings to make room for her own. She has no drivers license, no car, and would provide for these children with welfare funds. I don't see a problem with welfare for people that need it but to abuse it is another thing. The father denies that they are his. And his new home is prison. We are a loving family that have provided for these babies out of our own pocket. They love us and are attached. Likewise with us. I am not a bitter person but would like to keep 2 adorable girls from growing up to be a product of their enviroment. We have to break the cycle somewhere. We( my family) have tried with the mother to no evail. She does not want to be a contibutor to the better of our society. thanks.

S

SHAWNA2000

we live in CA and she plans to move back to her home town in Oregon. Without the girls at first. I am not supposed to know of her plans but family members are warning us of her attentions.

U

usdeeper

If you have proof of all you say (which if police have been involved then you should) then your best bet is to call a local attorney. In fact, call several and get your free 30 minute consultation.

IAAL might jump in and help if he is around but I do not know the laws regarding guardianship and returning the child into a dangerous environment.

For now, call around your local attornies.

S

SHAWNA2000

Thanks...Can a person get a police report without that persons permission? How!!! I'm working on the attorney free consultations..So more than 1 opinion is wise? Thanks

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SHAWNA2000:
Thanks...Can a person get a police report without that persons permission? How!!! I'm working on the attorney free consultations..So more than 1 opinion is wise? Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call about 3 or 4... this is not always for an opinion, but for you to choose the one who makes you feel a little fuzzy inside :) Like, YES, this person knows their stuff and can help me !

Don't worry about the police reports for now, your attorney can deal with that.

S

SHAWNA2000

My husband says not to worry because she has never came through with what she has ever said. When she first moved in with us...after she slept for 3 days staight...she had decided to be a bar tender, P.I , and a assistant manager in some store. She would'nt get up to get job applications. I love my cousin. But to let her destroy two potential lives is beyond my reasoning. Thanks usdeeper, alittle reassurance from a stanger is most comforting.

U

usdeeper

I would still get legal advice.. what if she takes the kids from you one day ?.. where do you stand legally ??.. What action could you take ?.. our resident attorney is busy at the moment so I still suggest you call around and ask a few local attornies.

Remember, as the childrens mother she has access to the birth certificates.. and with her own ID that would give her more weight in problem situations...

You need to know in ADVANCE what to do should she just turn up at school etc and take them...

S

SHAWNA2000

Legal advise is our top priority. We do have legal guardianship through the courts. Her rights have been suspended. I have all of the records, birth certificates,S.S cards, shots,and medical. She signed all the documents for the court system and even went to court on the first round of guardianship. The proposed fathers family are documentd as saying they don't believe the girls belong to them and if they did agree to let us abopt them. I have had personel contact with them. I talk to my aunt (the granma) and their mother frequently. We don't even have to let the girls see her but we do.. It happens about every 3-4 months. And the travel distance is 12 hours. But if she moves to Oregon...it will be a full 24 hours. Not to mention she has no transportation. My family has even decided to move closer to our families in CA. Not a selfish act. Thanks

U

usdeeper

Remember to come back and let us know of any court decisions...

Good Luck..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">