• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

c/s & alimony as combined total to state agency.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hvnorights

Im from illinois. The judge combined my back c/s and my back alimony as one lump sum under the child support file with the circuit clerk. We did request separate accounts but it was denied. I cant claim alimony now on my taxes, which if it were separate I could. This way it looks like I owe twice as much c/s than I really do! This total was also turned in to the state child supp. enforce. agency as c/s arrears plus 9 percent is added each year if not paid in full. My Questions: 1. Do i have the right to appeal? my lawyers now have the attitude of "no money no case". 2. Is it my right or simply a privlege taken away to be able to claim alimony paid out as income on taxes. 3. What do I do if my rights have been violated. I owe 3000 of the 21,000 as c/s. The rest was interst and alimony. Interes was added eventhough I was paying c/s. I have paid over 31,000 dollars in child support and this year I would have been caught up on child support. Now since the judge did this, it looks like 21,000 dollars in c/s with 9percent interest every year . Any advice. What do I do. Ive spent 10,000 in attorney fees already fighting the alimony. Im out of money. Help anyone. By the way, she got her alimony eventhough she admitted to an involved live-in relationsip she has had for 12 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">