• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California/Restraining Order?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angel65

I need some advice. I live with my boyfriend, he left his wife approx. 8 months ago, and has filed divorce papers about 2 weeks ago. She has also been served the divorce papers. However, she keeps coming to my door to talk to him, which he wants nothing to do with. And then she causes some sort of ruckus! I do not want this woman around my home, me or my children (not his children), What can I do & how do I do it?

Thanks for your help!

LegalBeagle

Buy a cheap camcorder and when she starts trouble, film it.

Write her a letter and explain that she is not welcome on your property and any communication to your b/f should be via an attorney. State that you will pursue legal action if she continues to harass you.

Next time she comes around, call the police immediately and have a complaint filed.

If she continues, go to court and get a r/o order. Present the film, letter and police report as proof.

If she violates the r/o, have her arrested.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">