• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can My Girlfriend Live With Me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BF Needs Help

I am 17 years old and live in Rhode Island with my father. I have an 18 year-old girlfriend. She has had problems with her mother at home but can't afford to move out. Does anyone know if she can legally move in with me with my father's permission if I am underage? Any advice would help. Thank you.

N

navywife_tx

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BF Needs Help:
I am 17 years old and live in Rhode Island with my father. I have an 18 year-old girlfriend. She has had problems with her mother at home but can't afford to move out. Does anyone know if she can legally move in with me with my father's permission if I am underage? Any advice would help. Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okay, when i was just 16 yrs old, my 20 yr old boyfriend had some problems with his dad so my mom took him in. Her only stipulation was that he sleep in his own room. My lil brother gave up his room and that is where my b/f stayed. We watched tv and all in my room but he never stayed the night with me. My mother took him in so there was no worry as to any legal problems. If your dad agrees to take her in and she does not stay in your room, then you shouldn't worry about any legal problems. That relationship didn't last b/c i couldn't handle having my b/f around me 24/7 when i was only 16. I don't see anything wrong with "your dad helping her get on her feet".

[This message has been edited by navywife_tx (edited October 04, 2000).]

B

BF Needs Help

I figured it would be legal. I just wanted to be sure. I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble. So I thought I would ask around before we did anything. Thanks for the help. And if anyone else has anything to add I'd be happy to read it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">