• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancelled check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robert28

Here goes I have been battleing my girlfriend for a long time, she will not leave me.She lives in my house,i have wanted her out for months now and she will not pack and go. One day i gave her a check for money to move out then decided that she does not deserve it! So i cancelled payment on the check now she is taking me to the local magistrate for bounced check fees. can she recover these fees?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

robert28 said:
Here goes I have been battleing my girlfriend for a long time, she will not leave me.She lives in my house,i have wanted her out for months now and she will not pack and go. One day i gave her a check for money to move out then decided that she does not deserve it! So i cancelled payment on the check now she is taking me to the local magistrate for bounced check fees. can she recover these fees?
My response:

You're on the wrong Board. Please re-post this on the Business & Finance Law Board.

Thanks.

IAAL

L

LadyBlu

To get a correct answer to your question you might want to post on Business or criminal board.
Me personally, I would contersue for rent, utilities, food etc...

L

LadyBlu

LadyBlu said:
To get a correct answer to your question you might want to post on Business or criminal board.
Me personally, I would contersue for rent, utilities, food etc...
Coke Jinx IAAL... *S*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">