• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

carefree aka stenny00 updte

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Henny

hi everyone...*greetings from tennessee*

i called my paralegal today on my the case of my ex and my son terry. the courtdate is set for the 15th nov. 00 YAEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. he is going to have to bring terry home on that date and we are going to court. i am still a little nervous though abt the backpay of childsupport thing because it is a large amount...

well, anyway, i wanted to fill you in and will keep u updtd. i will be checking in everyday for a little while, just cause... can't stay away from this site *big grin*..

see ya

L

LadyBlu

I think, hoping any ways, that she was referring to her ex backpay on support..
and if that is the case she can ask that he be held here till he gets it caught up.. lol, wouldnt that be a hoot... *S* and the Judges in Bell county.. lol, they will do it.. they are the same District Judges that circulate through my county..

H

Henny

LegalBeagle
sorry, i probably worded it wrong.
HE has to pay backpay of childsupport, in a couple of days, it will approximately $15.000.- with 12% interest.

LadyBlue, you're kidding me right? about me being able to keep the ex here until he is cought up with the backpay? goodness gracious, the texas laws, they are something else aren't they? *grinning*

well, i am having a hell of a time here in tennessee, i just know time will fly by to quickly *s*.

LegalBeagle *again*...we have joint custody, but terry's primary residence is with me, that's why the ex is paying child support, however he has not been paying all of it since january, he has paid abt 40% since then, which is still alot when you think in $$$$$$$s, but i am not going to go there now. if he pays abt $15.000.- by nov just for backpay of childsupport since january of this year, everyone can do the math. the reason why it's so incredibly high though is because when we divorced he had a very very well paying job, which he doesn't have anymore since january. he got fired, now he works for sears in the electronic dept and is on commission, that's why i am a bit nervous, i am wondering because he only makes a fraction now of what he did make back then, if i will even get the backpay.
i guess i'll find out..

ladyblue, we're still on for the yummi drink when i get back. *s*.

later

LegalBeagle

It was up to him to get a reduction.. If he never does, then he will continue to owe that amount of money. The judge may see that it is his own choice to work at Sears and there is nothing from stopping him getting a better paying job.

Anyway, as long as there is a court order for that amount, he has to pay it.

H

Henny

LegalBeagle,

help me out here, i am having a *blonde attack*
by court order you mean the divorce decree that states that he has to pay such and such amount for childsupport each month? correct me if i am wrong. if this is the case, then yep, i do have that.

thanks for the input

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henny:
LegalBeagle,

help me out here, i am having a *blonde attack*
by court order you mean the divorce decree that states that he has to pay such and such amount for childsupport each month? correct me if i am wrong. if this is the case, then yep, i do have that.

thanks for the input
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the orders from the court that awarded x amount in CS. Even with him losing his job, he is still ordered to pay that amount until such time as he decided to change it.

Are their any women here who are not blonde ?

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
I'm not blonde. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could always tell that by your replies :)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

.. / -.. .. -.. / -. --- - / -.- -. --- .-- / - .... . .-. . / .-- .- ... / .- / .-- --- .-. -.. / .-- .. - .... / .--- ..- ... - / - .-- --- / -.. --- - ...

L

LadyBlu

In your plea to the court did you ask that he be arrested? If so, they may arrest him at the court house and have him post bond equivalent to the amount owed in arrears. Since they will have a hard time enforcing the order in SC. Have you gotten any phone calls from him saying he would be here for the hearing? Dont want to get you upset or bust your bubble but that is always a possibility and you should always be prepared for that.
YES!! to the Margaritas.... I need a couple of them...*S* cant wait....

H

Henny

ladyblue

*GULP*
now u have me worried. i'll call the attorney's ofc tomorrow morning and ask what'll happen if he decides not to show. hmmmm

legalbeagle....i'll die my hair, black, red or brown *wonder if that'll help as far as the thinking* *g*

H

Henny

IAAL

so what does happen if the ex decides to disregard the court order to appear in court here in texas and to return the child?

*still gulping*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">