• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing visitations in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nutnhoney

My child's non-custodial parent has been found and I am worried about him enforcing his visitations, my child does not know him. And he does not know my child. He now lives out of state and I do not want my child to leave the county with someone he does not know, even I do not know him very well he is virtually a stranger. How would I go about petitioning the courts to change the visitations? Can I get supervised visitations? I do not know how he is going to react about having child support enforced. My child is 6yrs old and does not know this man. And do I have to allow the grandmother access to my child, she has threatened me on many occassions of taking my child away from me, and has been hiding her son so that he will not have to pay child support. Help Please!! I live in the state of Texas and the father has moved to Arkansas

U

usdeeper

The grand mother has no rights.. and do not listen to anyone who threatens to take your child away. With what you have said, a change of custody will never happen. In the future, tape all conversations with them (make sure you let them know first) and record any threats.

Is there any court ordered visitation in place today ?. If he is just taking about general rights of a father then HE will have to petition the court to get visitation. At this point to agree to only short supervised visitation and no overnight stays or leaving the county. A judge would probably agree to this since the child and biodad are strangers.

If he is serious about the relationship with the child, he will continue and eventually be able to remove those conditions. However, from what you have said, he would probably get tried of it and go away.

If these people threaten you.. do not talk to them.. tell them once that you will not deal with them directly and all communications should be through an attorney.

As for child support.. are you trying to enforce it or just not bother ??.. if he has not paid and you can live without it.. do so until he starts legal proceedings. THEN go after him..

------------------
:) SMILE - Start Making It Livable for Everyone

Divorce is a process over which children have no control. Children should not be its victims.
When parents are under stress, it is harder to be in touch with their children's pain and anguish.
It takes time, effort, and planning on the part of the parents to be able to provide for the children's needs.
In the crisis of divorce, parents may put their children on hold while they attend to adult problems first.
Sometimes separating/divorced parents find that their roles and expectations are undefined and cloudy.
If handled properly, divorce need not be devastating for children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">