• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilstar

I am custodial parent and I want to file a legal and physical sole custody of my daughter. Can I be able to get a child support from the other parent? Other parent is not interested with his daughter and said he doesn't want to do anything to his child.
Other parent impregnanted about a dozen women and all of had abortion. Other parent still have the same life style. More women, more sex and he also alcoholic and a smoker.

U

usdeeper

Yes you can get child support via a court order. Would he pay ? probably not. Could it stir up trouble ?, maybe.. you see, if you force him to pay child support, there is a chance that he would get court ordered visitation. If you do not mind this, or think there is no chance he will try, then yes, you can file papers in court for CS.

L

lilstar

How about of just getting the custody of my daughter without asking child support? So my xboyfriend/other parent will not bother us anymore. He only saw his daughter once and wanted to have her every other weekend without any legal preceeding. She was only 2 months old and also said that he doesn't want me around when he's with the baby. By the way, I lived in CA. Can you please help whats the best way to do this. I am also unemployed at the moment and just getting disability checks. Am I going to have a problem because I am not employed at the moment? Now my daughter is 3 mos. old , we havent heard anything about him. I have already have a case no: for a child support at the D.A. If I cancel my case, can I still file again? Pls. help me.

]Originally posted by lilstar:
I am custodial parent and I want to file a legal and physical sole custody of my daughter. Can I be able to get a child support from the other parent? Other parent is not interested with his daughter and said he doesn't want to do anything to his child.
Other parent impregnanted about a dozen women and all of had abortion. Other parent still have the same life style. More women, more sex and he also alcoholic and a smoker.
[/QUOTE]

L

lilstar

How about of just getting the custody of my daughter without asking child support? So my xboyfriend/other parent will not bother us anymore. He only saw his daughter once and wanted to have her every other weekend without any legal preceeding. She was only 2 months old and also said that he doesn't want me around when he's with the baby. By the way, I lived in CA. Can you please help whats the best way to do this. I am also unemployed at the moment and just getting disability checks. Am I going to have a problem because I am not employed at the moment? Now my daughter is 3 mos. old , we havent heard anything about him. I have already have a case no: for a child support at the D.A. If I cancel my case, can I still file again? Pls. help me.

]Originally posted by lilstar:
[/QUOTE]

L

lilstar

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilstar:
How about of just getting the custody of my daughter without asking child support? So my xboyfriend/other parent will not bother us anymore. He only saw his daughter once and wanted to have her every other weekend without any legal preceeding. She was only 2 months old and also said that he doesn't want me around when he's with the baby. By the way, I lived in CA. Can you please help whats the best way to do this. I am also unemployed at the moment and just getting disability checks. Am I going to have a problem because I am not employed at the moment? Now my daughter is 3 mos. old , we havent heard anything about him. I have already have a case no: for a child support at the D.A. If I cancel my case, can I still file again? Pls. help me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all.. until the baby is a certain age, and your ex can prove he is competent at handling a baby, do not allow him to take the baby away from you. Few judges would grant visitation to the point where a baby is taken away from the mother. Also, under no circumstances allow him to have the baby without your presence until you have a court order stating you have physical custody of the child.

You pose some difficult questions, and most of them are not really legal. The child is only 3 months old so there is a chance that he might want to build a relationship with the child in the near future. Also, you are on disability and I am sure you could need to be money, if not you, then the baby. Not being paid Child Support will effect any government aid that you apply for in the future. Furthermore, since you have not even filed papers for custody then this is going to stir things up anyway.

Personally, I would file for custody (physical) of the child and continue through with the Child Support. It will then be up to him if he wants to pay, or have anything to do with the child and your actions after that depend on his action. In the event that he wants visitation, ensure it is short and supervised until he proves himself.

Being unemployed should not give you any problems except have less money available for an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">