• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

duckyjake

My bofriend's sister was recently stationed in Japan with the Air Force. While there, her husband abused her. They have a 10 month old son.

Her husband was arrested on base and sent back to the U.S. where he now resides in Texas. He wants custody of their son. They will be going to court within the next two weeks.

The wife is currently in Los Angeles for training right now and has their son. The husband has threatened to take their son away from her.

Due to caution, the wife has called her brother (my boyfriend) and asked him to fly to Los Angeles this weekend and pick up the baby and take the baby to some relatives in Oregon.

If her brother picks up the baby and brings him to Oregon, could the father charge him with kidnapping? How about other charges? The divorce hearing is in Texas.

Complicated, but I would appreciate your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">