• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BulldogCountry

My girlfriend of about 2 years left me this past August for a guy she met from the internet who lives in Pennsylvania.

We have a 1-year old daughter together, who of course she took. I had no knowledge she was leaving. This man came and picked her up one night while I was at work. She took almost all of her belongings, some of MY belongings (such as CD's, Playstation, and games), and most important, our daughter.

According to FreeAdvice.com, "Custodial parents who move away with the child without providing notice to the other parent may not only face a change in custody to the other parent but also criminal charges of kidnapping".

My question here is: CAN I charge my ex-girlfriend with kidnapping and in turn get my daughter back?

Thanks in advance for any information.

L

LadyBlu

BulldogCountry said:
My girlfriend of about 2 years left me this past August for a guy she met from the internet who lives in Pennsylvania.

We have a 1-year old daughter together, who of course she took. I had no knowledge she was leaving. This man came and picked her up one night while I was at work. She took almost all of her belongings, some of MY belongings (such as CD's, Playstation, and games), and most important, our daughter.

According to FreeAdvice.com, "Custodial parents who move away with the child without providing notice to the other parent may not only face a change in custody to the other parent but also criminal charges of kidnapping".

My question here is: CAN I charge my ex-girlfriend with kidnapping and in turn get my daughter back?

Thanks in advance for any information.

If you can give me a state and some more information I can research the law further for you.
Will need to know:
1. What State are you in?
2. Is your name on Birth Certificate?

B

BulldogCountry

Here is the information you requested, LadyBlu:

1.) I live in the state of Florida.
2.) Yes, my name is on the birth certificate, although, I currently do not have a copy of it. Where could I get a copy of the birth certificate. Perhaps my county courthouse?

L

LadyBlu

BulldogCountry said:
Here is the information you requested, LadyBlu:

1.) I live in the state of Florida.
2.) Yes, my name is on the birth certificate, although, I currently do not have a copy of it. Where could I get a copy of the birth certificate. Perhaps my county courthouse?
You can view info regarding obtaining a copy of the birth certificate at:
http://www.vitalrec.com/fl.html

These are the state laws regarding establishing paternity:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0742/ch0742.htm

Also, it should be noted that because there was no custody order in effect she isnt guilty of kidnapping. You will need to file for paternity, custody and support in FL before the 6mos residency is established in PA for her.

Good Luck to you, I would find a lawyer ASAP if you have the funds available.

B

BulldogCountry

Thanks for the advice.

It might be hard to find a lawyer, though, because I am low on finds unless they were to accept some sort of "payment plan", which SOME lawyers do.

Also, I have suspicions that she and her new boyfriend are screwing the state of Pennsylvania, although it has NOT been confirmed.

There was a third-party member who was with them that returned to Florida and told me this. What she said is kinda complicated, but I'll try to explain in as few words as possible, and to alieviate confusion, I'm going to expose my girlfriend's first name (Debbie), her new boyfriend's first name (Ryan), and my daughter's first name (Sarah); and remember, this is just based upon what the third-party member has told me:

1.) Ryan's mother has signed government papers stating that Debbie and Sarah live with HER, when they actually live with Ryan.

2.) Ryan gets disability (for a bad back) and food stamps in one county (although the third-party member says he DOES NOT have a bad back).

3.) Debbie gets food stamps AND cash assistance in a different county.

4.) Debbie works about 40+ hours a week, but according to her work's book-keeping, she only works about 28 hours a week (so she can keep her cash assistance).

Is there anything I can do to at least have the proper authorities in Pennsylvania at least "look into" this matter? Also, I thought you had to live in a state for at least six months before you can qualify for food stamps/cash assistance.

Any thoughts on THIS?

L

LadyBlu

The only thing I can tell you is to contact the FL state child support enforcement division.. they will assist you with establishing paternity, you can also file these on your own..
Which I dont have the links to the online downloads for the petitions, but if you call the District Clerk in your county and ask them, they may be able to tell you where you can get the petitions that you need to file to the court. Remember you are on limited time here, residency *6mos*..

Also, as for the welfare fraud.. if you call your state DHS offices they can supply you with the phone number to contact PA's welfare fraud division.. which most times is the Atty Generals offices...
You will need the employers name and witnesses if available.

B

BulldogCountry

Not to worry, Tigres. I have a VERY clean past, although I cannot say the same for my ex-girlfriend.

I have never done drugs. I don't drink (although I have had a half-shot of tequilla ONCE). I keep my bills up to date.

My ex-girlfriend on the other hand, has done drugs, smokes, and drinks every now and then.

She never told me that she was not happy. She played me right up until the end.

If you would like to learn more, and see pictures of my daughter, my ex-girlfriend, and myself, then go to the following website:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/sarahrose/Sarah.html

I'm trying to update it whenever I get the chance.

-Mike

H

Haxey

OMG!

sounds just like a debbie girlfriend i used to have here in texas....i saw bulldog and debbie and she lived in a town called magnolia which was the magnolia bulldogs..thats creepy....good luch though

LegalBeagle

If you can not afford an attorney then go see a paralegal who will help you get and fill in the forms with you. Also to help you file them. As LB2 says, you need to do this now. If you recieve anything from PA then you will have to fight a change in jurisdiction based on the fact FL is still home state.. but you have to act now.

Forget the kidnapping stuff and concentrate on get something filed into the FL courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">