• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catlady24

Long story but here goes. My son has had his son since December(mutual agreement between both parents)he is to return him to his mother the end of August. The problem is that about 3 months ago the child protection department came in and removed her other two children from her home. We have been told that because my grandson was not in the home at the time he is not effected. Where do we stand legally? We do not want to return him. The mother lives in Minnesota.

U

usdeeper

Well, for one, don't return the child. For all you know it could be because of serve child abuse.

Next, contact the Child Protection agency and find out why .. or what charges.. they may not tell you exactly, but if you discuss the current issue they may be advise you not to return the child... or they may move in and take him the moment he arrives...

C

catlady24

The other two kids are from different fathers. We are unable to get any info from child protection, they seem to us to be ignoring the fact that she has another child. We are afraid that if we don't return him in August she will fill kidnapping charges (she did this one other time) My son is in the military stationed overseas that is why I involved. Just didn't know who to contact. Thanks
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
I presume the other child involved are not yours ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

U

usdeeper

Someone else will have to step in and help as I have no legal advice... with your son being overseas that does not help.

Maybe you could try CPS again, ask for a supervisor, write them a letter etc.. Failing that, phone a few attornies, you can generally get a 30 minute consultation for free and they may be able to give you some ideas.

C

catlady24

Thanks for you help.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
Someone else will have to step in and help as I have no legal advice... with your son being overseas that does not help.

Maybe you could try CPS again, ask for a supervisor, write them a letter etc.. Failing that, phone a few attornies, you can generally get a 30 minute consultation for free and they may be able to give you some ideas.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">