• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A&A

Live in PA. Have a 3-year-old son with ex-girlfriend. She is very greedy and vindictive and takes me to court on a regular basis to try to get more money.
Now she is after money I received from a car accident. How much is she entitled to, if any? All of it is considered pain and suffering - not loss of income or property damage. Also, I used to have my house rented - until July 1st of this year. The money I received did not completely cover the mortgage, since I chose to keep use of the garages for myself. I have since moved back into my house, and my ex is STILL after the rental income. Is she entitled to non-existing rental income??? Her lawyer seems to think so. PLease respond ASAP. Thank you!

U

usdeeper

She is entilted to court ordered child support payments. That is all. She is certainly not able to get her hands on the car insurance payout, UNLESS, through injury you were unable to work and therefore did not pay child support.

G

goodmommy

First question: Have you spoke to a lawyer? Sometimes lawyers initially ask for unreasonalbe amounts because they want to test how far they can bully you. As long as you can prove that there is no rental income, I do not believe that she could be entitled to something that no longer exists. Unless you owe back child support, she should not be entitled to any of that money. Call some lawyers. Sometimes you can speak to a lawyer directly over the phone and get some ideas about your rights without paying for a consultation. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">