• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pkish424

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, there has been a change offically in the courts giving Bill custody. The court even told her she couldn't visit the children if she has had anything to drink 12 hours before she is to pick them up. Bill told the courts maybe someday if she gets help with her addiction she can have custody back, but that doesn't look like its going to happen too soon. So, Bill has total custody of them, he even has to pay for day care so he casn work, while she does nothing all day. Except the 2 nights she works in the bar for 4 hours each night. This money keeps here in booze and cigs for a few days. Can the courts make her get a job to help with the support?
thx again,
Pat

LegalBeagle

She would have to have a good excuse as to why she is not working.. Sometimes a judge will give a set time for a person to get a job. Others will impute min wage. If the person does not work they obviously can not pay it.. and eventually, they are threatened with jail.. which sobers up a lot of people.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">