• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lb64dpilot

My Ex-wife is asking for more child support. We live in the state of Texas. We agreed on a fixed rate of $600.00 a month a year ago and that I would take over all bills in the marriage. Now she want's more money. She is remarried and has taken on more debt with her new husband to include car payments for two nice vehicles and other luxury items. She want's to put my daughter in a private school that is $3000.00. She is also moving to Germany and I want see my children for at least four years. I got served last night that she was suing me for more child support. The thing is, now I can't afford a layer, and I can barely make it month to month paying the current amount for support, I have to skip a bill once a month to just get by (the only personal property I have is a car, bed, table, desk, TV, and computer). What are my options other than filing bankruptcy to meet her demands if she gets it (because in the state of TX all men suffer good or bad)?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lb64dpilot:
My Ex-wife is asking for more child support. We live in the state of Texas. We agreed on a fixed rate of $600.00 a month a year ago and that I would take over all bills in the marriage. Now she want's more money. She is remarried and has taken on more debt with her new husband to include car payments for two nice vehicles and other luxury items. She want's to put my daughter in a private school that is $3000.00. She is also moving to Germany and I want see my children for at least four years. I got served last night that she was suing me for more child support. The thing is, now I can't afford a layer, and I can barely make it month to month paying the current amount for support, I have to skip a bill once a month to just get by (the only personal property I have is a car, bed, table, desk, TV, and computer). What are my options other than filing bankruptcy to meet her demands if she gets it (because in the state of TX all men suffer good or bad)?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Whatever you do, SAVE THAT COMPUTER!! Give up everything else in your life, but never get rid of that computer.

If what you're saying is accurate, then when you file your income and expense declaration with the court, it's highly doubtful that she'll get any more support.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited September 01, 2000).]

LegalBeagle

She can not just up and move to Germany with the kids.. it is one thing to move to another state, it is something completely different to leave the jurisdiction of the US. Providing you have regular visitation with the children then it would be very hard for her to convience a judge to allow her to leave the US.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">