• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onedg5

This is conserning ohio child support.
Soon i will have two sons that will be turning 19 and 18. I would like to know who is responsible for calling and having them taken off the child support order?
Also, dose child support review my case before they close it. In the past 3 years my ex. has made almost 15,000.00 dollars more then me a year, he was ordered to report any 10% increase in wages and never did, i have three kids and have only ever gotten $95.34 a week for the last for years for all three, if any one can shed some light on this please let me know. thank you so much

Sue from ohio

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onedg5:
Soon i will have two sons that will be turning 19 and 18. I would like to know who is responsible for calling and having them taken off the child support order?
Also, dose child support review my case before they close it. In the past 3 years my ex. has made almost 15,000.00 dollars more then me a year, he was ordered to report any 10% increase in wages and never did, i have three kids and have only ever gotten $95.34 a week for the last for years for all three, if any one can shed some light on this please let me know. thank you so much

Sue from ohio
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sue, if you knew of a increase in his salary and he didnt report it why didnt you take him back to court for modification? I doubt very seriously that you will be able to have the case reviewed at this point to have the support extended to cover the support you did not get for those years due to his salary increase. As for the termination of support. If it is done by wage garnishment his employer will have record of it, and either they (the employer) will stop payments as the children reach the ages specified by the order or your ex will bring it to their attn and the support will stop for that child.

P

pegleg2130

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onedg5:

Sue from ohio
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I recently went back to court in Delaware for a modification to the child support I was paying my ex. I asked this very question to the moderator and was told that it is automatically understood that support is dismissed on the 18 birthday of your children unless stipulated in your decree or support order. I am not aware if the same holds for your state. Check your state laws on this site and you may find the answer you are looking for. Good Luck!

------------------
pegleg2130
**I am in no way giving you legal advise, just a friendly suggestion**

P

pegleg2130

Sue from ohio
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by pegleg2130 (edited October 27, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">