• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aboyce

I am going through a divorce. My husband said and is in writing he would pay me child support. Now that I moved out he is not paying. I threaten to go to court for the money and he threaten to take the children and run. He claims he has another ss# and name and can get away with it. I don't know what to do. Should I file and take the chance that he was faking it? Or just keep hounding him?

MySonsMom

I suggest filing for divorce, a legal separation and custody. Retain an attorney now! Then you can file for temp. custody, and child support. You don't have to be divorced to receive court ordered child support. Do you have proof of any of his threats about taking the children and running? Because that is a reason to withhold visitation until you go to court.

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

A

Agent Orange

Why don't you move, not give him your address or number and go ahead and file on him. Don't tell him where you live until your first court appearance, Say where you live in court, and tell the judge or show him evidence as to what was said or written by him. Request from Judge that a restraining order be put in place and when you go to mediation to set up visitation, make sure you state and have it agreed that he will not take the child(ren) out of the state (or county), at any time. Unless it written and signed into agreement by you both.

He's just trying to bully you into letting him get away with something, that's not right! Don't let him get away without paying his parental obligation!! It is for the child's sake that you ask for these things, and your parental right to protect your child!

Good luck!

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aboyce:
I am going through a divorce. My husband said and is in writing he would pay me child support. Now that I moved out he is not paying. I threaten to go to court for the money and he threaten to take the children and run. He claims he has another ss# and name and can get away with it. I don't know what to do. Should I file and take the chance that he was faking it? Or just keep hounding him?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you got this threat on tape ?? If not, start taping all your conversations..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">