• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AlaDad

My ex-wife's mother is suing me, with the help of alabama department of human resources, for child support. I just found out today that my daughter isn't even with her. She is with my ex that I haven't been able to contact in more than two years. I have already filed for custody of my daughter. What can be done for the grandma filing for cs under false pretences and does dhr not verify situations?

T

TxBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlaDad:
My ex-wife's mother is suing me, with the help of alabama department of human resources, for child support. I just found out today that my daughter isn't even with her. She is with my ex that I haven't been able to contact in more than two years. I have already filed for custody of my daughter. What can be done for the grandma filing for cs under false pretences and does dhr not verify situations?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you not had contact with your daughter or just your ex in two years?

A

AlaDad

I haven't been able to contact my daughter either. The last contact was when they were both living with my ex's mother. Then they just up and moved out one day and I have not been able to contact them since. I have learned from school records that she has since remarried and my daughter has been in at least 5 schools (1 out of state)since then. as soon as I found out where she was, I took out a loan and hired an attorney. I am afraid that when my ex wife finds out what I have done that she will move again.

T

TxBlu

ok, now I am realy confused. You have joint custody according to your previous post about the school records, you havent seen her in 2 years yet you know which school she attends, but didnt know how to find her?
Please enlighten me, I must have missed something...

A

AlaDad

I found out last Thurs. what school she was supposedly in. I got those records yesterday only to learn that she has already been transferred again. I went to that school and got records also.

T

TxBlu

If you have joint custody and she has been dodging you for two years why havent you filed on her yet for contempt of court?
The reason I asked this is because if you had of filed on her for contempt the court would have served her when she picked up her child support, or had her served at the address they have for her to forward the support payments. Or were you not making any payments?

[This message has been edited by TxBlu (edited October 06, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">