• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support from non working parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zw

My boyfriend of almost 2 years was married to the mother of his 6 year old and was divorced a little over two years ago. He is about to get sole custody of his son because of her lack of child rearing skills ( no discipline, cannot get the kid to school, multiple car accidents with the child in the car...due to lots of medication for a herniated disc....can you read between the lines here?)and her inability to provide a stable environment for their son. She cannot hold a job and lives on gifts from her family. Her last car accident enabled her to get an operation that should help her condition to the point of being able to work. I think that if the woman can jump out of a car and run to my boyfriends door in a hurry to collect the son, that perhaps her back is not in bad enough shape to not be employed ( this after her last operation). If it is in bad enough shape, then she should get disability. In any event....both her lawyer and his lawyer have told him that he will not get child support from this woman. Can anything be done? He paid her child support and alimony and she chooses not to work. Is it really possible to have a child and let someone pay all of the expenses and house and raise them and have visitation, too? What a sweet deal for her!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">