• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Rights!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Help!!

Divorced in Utah 1986. Had Physical custody of child. After ex showed up in court with out me knowing in 1990 judge awarded him Tempory custody till further action of the court. I am still married ex on the other hand divorced and I got child back and have had her for 4 years. He pays support based on 86 custody case. When he takes her for visitation for 3 weeks or more during summer, he does not pay child support. He feels that he has fulfilled his obligation. Since nothing has been done since he had TEMPORY custody and I have had her for the last 4 years, what are my right? Who has physical custody of the child? When he takes her for a visit does he still have to pay his support? Example......He pays only 164.00 a month has been at the same job 15 years workd for the union has no other children and is not currently married. He had her 4 weeks in June for her summer vacation and took her to the dentist (which I did not know he was going) said he had to pay 450.00 which his insurance did not cover so feels he should not have to pay support for 2 months. I pay for all expenses including housing,clothing ect. And I feel lucky when he pays the measly amount he does. Do I have rights? Since the Tempory (what does that exactly mean anyway?) court order neither of us have gone to court or any thing and that has been over 10 years ago. When I took her back 4 years ago he was worried I would send the state after him for support. So we verbally agreed he pay his support and he could claim her on tax returns. Well I am desperate to know what my legal rights are.......And If it is necessary to take him to court...I am just trying to avoid the cost of legal action as I also have 2 other children from this marriage that I also support....HELP!!!!!

U

usdeeper

You need to get an attorney and file some papers... you should be able to get the custody issue sorted... further more you can get the child support raised and 164 is not much...

During the summer, generally, the NCP still has to pay, but it can be a reduced amount if the time away is not like 2 months or anything.

As for the dentist, Child Support should never be stopped.. at worse, he should pay you child support and you can refund the money if you agree.. or go to court if not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">