• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childs wish to live with non-custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dollar bill

i have two children ages 15 and 13 ,who have expressed a desire to live with their father (me) but i am confused as to which legal road to take to have the custody agreement changed.My ex has said she wants them to live with me but then keeps changing her mind . At what age can my children get legal representation for themselves and at what age can my children choose for themselves to live with me?

A

Attorney_Replogle

First of all, you do not need to wait for some age at which time your children can get an attorney. They are minors and thus you have to be the responsible adult. It is your decision whether to get child custody changed and when. So consult with a family law attorney before deciding whether to do it on your own. It is not easy or obvious. You should read up on family law at WWW.Freeadvice.com's main web site. Just scroll down and you wll see a section on family law.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">