• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collecting judgement awarded in modifation order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10scaoch

Back in November of 1999 my wife had a modification order for visitation,child support and legal fees awarded for her. Her ex-husband never showed for the court date and has refused to pay the legal fee portion of the judgement even after several attempts by her and letters by her attorney. We cannot afford to pay the attorney to collect this since the attourney fees would eat up most of the amount recovered. The judgement said it will compound intrest as time progress. My question is how long until we must renew this portion of the judgement and how can I file the judgement since we reside in Dallas county, Tx and he lives in CastleRock Colorado but does in fact work for a Texas based company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">