• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kellybrendab

My spouse and went to court on a motion of temporary spousal support. My spouse volunteered to allow me to live in our home and pay the mortgage until the house was sold. The court rule and made this a court order.

Subsequently, we reconciled for 8 months and moved out of our home and rented it out to tenants. We recently moved back into the house and continued with our divorce proceeding. The original court order was never vacated.

My spouses attorney states that because we reconciled and moved out of our home, this voided the court order and my spouse does not have to adhere to it.

I have submitted a motion to the court requesting either that the court order be enforced and that my spouse bring the mortgage current and continue paying it until the house is sold, or to award me spousal support.

Was the original court order voided or does it still stands as valid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">