• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lucy302

Long post. . . Here's a little history before I get into the "problem". . .My husband and I have his son for summer visitation at this time. Several things have happened (which I will get into later) that concerns my husband about his son's safety and well being. In Feburary 2000 my husband's xwife moved from Arkansas to Texas. We modified the visitation schedule (6-2000) so that she would have to meet us half way. Ever since the divorce and modification of visitation, xwife consistently goes against whatever is in the order. My husband wants to take her back to court to get full custody of his son. Here is what we have. . . .

1. XWife is supposed to provide husband school and medical records. Husband has requested his son's report cards 4 times. .has not been produced.

2. Husband's ever other weekend visitation starts at 6:00 P on Friday and ends 6:00 P on Sunday. He does not recieve his son until 7:00 A on Saturday and has been dropping him off at 4:00 P on Sunday since Xwife demands this.

3. Husband's summer visitation should have began on 07-05, Xwife did not produce him until 07-08 at 4:30 P.

4. XWife will not provide finding directions to childs home. Court order states that we should have them.

5. No deragatory or disparaging remarks are to be made about the other party in front of child. When husband picked up his son on 07-08, Xwife attacked husband and drew blood. She made lewd and deragatory comments to my husband and constantly uses foul language. All of this occurred while his son was in his arms. He filed a police report in reference to the attack.

6. His son hit another boy with his fists and hurt him. Husband asked him who taught him how to hit like that. Son answered his step dad taught him. This was confirmed when husband called xwife and asked her about it. She said that he has probably seen her and her new husband physically fight. His son is witnessing episodes of domestic violence!

7. XWife is planning on moving again. His son will be living in another home, and attending a new school. This will be the third school he has attended. He's only in the first grade!

8. A week ago we found out that husband's son has been sexually abuse by Xwife's new step sons (age 12 and 10). They don't live with Xwife but has the same weekend visitation and summer visitation with husband's son. XWife made the statement that she doesn't doubt that the incident happened she says "They older boys are always ganging up on him and trying to get him in trouble."

Please help, we are afraid to send him back to his mother where he will have contact with these boys. We feel that his safety and emotional health is in danger. All of husband's family lives in the area as do Xwife's family. They have absolutely no family at all in Texas. What can we do? Does anyone think we have a chance to change custody?

Sorry so long. . .
Lucy

U

usdeeper

Yes, you have a chance.. There is always a chance. Sorry to state the obvious but you need to go see an attorney. Collect all the evidence/proof you can.. get eyewitness statements of any events that has taken place. Copies of police reports.

You could also, file a complaint with the Child Protection Agency and have them interview the child regarding the Sexual Abuse. Not a nice thing to have to do but that will be the biggest piece of evidence in your favour.

Document EVERYTHING.. and go see an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">