• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of child, leaving the country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jean

I live in London and have Residency Order of my child. I have exhasuted every possible route with my ex. He seems to have beaten the law in every way possible. I cannot get legal aid, and he is employing a very expensive firm of lawyers. He is a very wealthy man and wants to dictate to me where I can live with my daughter. He doesn't pay any maintenance or give any help other than expensive school fees. He has convinced the Child Support Agency that he doesn't have to pay anything, yet he has just bought a new home for £550,000. I live in a one bedroom flat with my daughter and we are very happy together, however I cannot afford to live in London. All my funds are tied up in my property, and I seemed to be hitting a brick wall as far as benefits are concerned. It's a long story, even the benefits agency have suggested I go to the Press with my story or my local MP. It has taken 6 years to get a divorce and the custody of my child. This man is completely controlling my life even though he has recently married his pregnant girlfriend. I will have to represent myself in court, because of lack of legal aid and funding and I am considering out of desperation leaving the country to join my family and where I have a job to go to, an International School for my daughter and where I will be able to buy a home without a mortgage from the proceeds of my sale in London. What would be the repercussions? What could he do legally to get her back to London? Would I be able to fight him from the country in Europe which I decided to go to.
I am absolutely desperate, it seems the person with the most money wins everytime when it comes to a legal battle, this has been proved to me time and time again.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

LegalBeagle

What orders are in place to stop you leaving London. Surely they can not be so specific as to stop you moving to say, Slough or Milton Keynes ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">