• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worried_father

The problem I'm faced with is that my oldest daughter is having problems and has had problems in the past with her mother. Her mother currently has custody and yells at her a lot as she (the mother) has an anger management problem. My daughter is only 10 and has asked to move in with me but her mom is unwilling to sign over custody. I have been asked to go and pick her up but I'm worried that my ex-wife will call the athorities and claim that I kidnapped her (she's very vendictive). What can I do make it so that my daughter can live with my new wife and I without being in fear of being arrested or having my daughter taken from me?
Thanks in advance,
worried_father

C

ccoglizer

Dear worried father,

If I were you I would go to the judge that granted your divorce and explain to him the change in circumstances. He should be able to help you get a modification of custody. Before you go to him though I would also go to your nearest library and look up the codes for your state. That is how I am getting the modification for my visitation rights.I hope this helps you. Good luck and may God's love be with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">