• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody/support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bernard

my ex wife lives in LA and I live in VA but the thing is that I havent seen my kids in 1yr and half but the courts there just recently raise my support by 300.00 for 3 kids I only make 10.19 hr but there is another child involved is there anything I can do besides file for a comtempt of court order on her. She is now trying to get sole custody of the kids what are my chances of me getting custody. By the way she makes 8.50hr and lives with her boyfriend which is no problem, but I was supposed to have gotten the kids for the summer and she said no to everything as far as trying to meet her half way and then having my sister fly to La being that she works for the airline I have kept a record of everything for the past 2 years that she have done will this help me in court? She have stated to me that she does not want the kids to have anything to do with me but she still want the money. I have every receipt showing what I paid her even before we divorce I was still paying support to her when we filed. But it seems as thought she is trying to do everything she can to hurt me, when actually I am trying to be a father to my kids. I can see if I wasnt doing anything for them. She is always talking bad about me to the kids.how I know my kids tell me how mommmy dont want us to see you or our baby sister. Remind you she was the one who decides to leave.She even was with her boyfriend at the time to miss our dghts 5th birthday party. But i still respect her because she is the mother of my children. Please tell me what to do and how to go about trying to gain custody of my children and to get my support reduced. By the way the courts told me that I had to get a consent order from the courts here in VA in order to get my support reduced there in LA is this true? And how would this affect me if I decided to get married?

U

usdeeper

Which state gave the original court order ?. Who moved away from this state and when ?

As regards to visitation, if you have a court ordered visitation and she denies you then you can file the appropriate papers into court and drag her back before a judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">