• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DA not following guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mom2x2

I am trying to modify an order for CS from '94. My five kids are pre teen & teens now & it costs more than the $200mo I've been getting. Also I just lost my job this summer which really makes things tight.
Now after I filed with the FS office (we're in a small town & my ex is a county official) their DA says my ex is offering $75 more mo.
I brought up what I'v learned, thinking the Ca guidelines should give the kids between $400-$900mo since I have them 60%, him 40%. My ex tells the DA I'm getting money from a trust which I'm not & have proven more than once but they won't pay attention.
A paralegal aquaintance told me he talked to an attorney who said I should counter offer $300mo plus 1/2 actual child related expenses. I don't know if that's fair either because if I don't have $$ in the first place even if he pays 1/2 of what I buy, I won't be buying much. How can they do these types of things? I thought they were suppoed to be working for the kids best interest.

U

Ukiah

If he is a county official, ask for a change of venue on those grounds!!! Get a decent attorney and sue his @$$ for what your children deserve!!

I hate those people who use their positions to influence others in court. IT'S NOT RIGHT!

M

Mom2x2

There is one problem, $$. That's why I filed the OSC for modification myself instead of gettting an attorney. The only way I can see it is to max out my credit cards & then where does that leave me?
I think the problem is someone else established a trust for the kids tuition at private school & my ex wants the $$ instead. My opinion but everything he's said against me or done the last 7+yrs sure makes me think so.
the trust did get the kids an attorney but she told a paralegal friend of mine that the Family Support DA was giving my ex counsel and offered me $275mo instead of the $200mo I've been getting. She supposedly suggested that I ask for $300 plus 1/2 of actual out of pocket expenses for the children., Still seems like we're getting the short end of the deal and everyone else is getting the $$

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">