• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad took off w/kids and got custody& divorce behind my back...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moonstarz1

LONG story made short... My (now)-ex took my 2 boys for a supposed visitation 3 years ago; I had custody according to a restraining order, but didn't want to totally cut him out of their lives, so I allowed him to take them for 2 weeks to a month. (We were still legally married at the time). Everything went well for the first week, then he got his phone and pager shut off and moved w/out a forwarding address. His family wouldn't tell me where he went with the boys and I couldn't find them for about 2 years, and when I finally found them, I tried to get them back through the SYSTEM, but got the runaround for another year...Last May I got the money for a lawyer and filed in court for custody and a divorce......When we got there, he had somehow convinced another court previously to grant a divorce and full custody to him back in January of 1999. My questions are:
1. If he knew where I was and didn't contact (serve) me prior to this action, is this legal?
2. Do I have any rights to visit my boys and how can I get these rights ?
3. Does anyone know how I can find a lawyer that works in San Diego County who can help me for a VERY low or Pro Bono fee? (I live in Kern county, CA and my ex in San Diego,CA)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">