• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughters Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PodofPeas

My daughter will soon be 17 yrs. old. She goes to an over populated school in NC. There are 2500 children and she just hates it. She wants to go to PA and go to school for the next 2 yrs. where she has already attended for the past 16 months. But the problem is that her father who has NO custody rights,forbids her to live with her grandmother and finish her last 2 yrs. of High School. I let her live with her Grandmother while also her father lived there also,now things have changed he has remarried moved out and took her with him. I went to PA and removed her from the home due to his DUI's, domestic violence and also reported to child services. I never agreed for her to move with him, so i removed her from his home. Now she is unhappy and wants to go back to school there. Where does she stand. I have no problem with her staying with Grandmother,if she is happy at school she will do much better.

MySonsMom

Ok..So do you have custody..If so you can decide where the child is to live etc..Especially since you say that the father has no custody or rights??? Is that correct? If so, he has NO SAY on where that child should be or should go..You are in charge and do what is best for your child Good luck! :)

------------------
~MySonsMom~

U

usdeeper

What is his reason for 'forbidding' her to live with her Grandmother ?

I presume it is his mother ??.. what does she think ?

[This message has been edited by usdeeper (edited July 27, 2000).]

P

PodofPeas

Yes of course it is his mother,he is jealous that someone else can make her happy. Being a controlling person he can't stand someone over powering him in any way.

P

PodofPeas

yes,I do have full and legal custody of my daughter. He has never even shown his face in court or asked for any custody rights. The only rights he has to her is Visitation right every other week end.

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PodofPeas:
Yes of course it is his mother,he is jealous that someone else can make her happy. Being a controlling person he can't stand someone over powering him in any way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In which case this is between you, your gaughter and your mother. The only condition I would place is that your daughter does not wonder off with biodad and that she actually lives with your mother.

P

PodofPeas

Well it is his mother to whom she wishes to live with not mine,that is the problem. He just hates the though of his daughter being raised by his mother. He does not care if she is happy or not. It's what he wants that is important. There was never the subject" what's good for our daughter". I have no worries of her even wondering off with her father,she has no desire to do so. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
What is his reason for 'forbidding' her to live with her Grandmother ?

I presume it is his mother ??.. what does she think ?

[This message has been edited by usdeeper (edited July 27, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">