• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate Dad...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ronco

I have a daughter that is 2 and her mother and I have been to court. We have established visitation and child support. Everything has been going along great until 6 weeks ago. She has decided to keep my daughter from me. I have attempted to call her and reason with her but I always fail. My question is what can I do to see my daughter? Can she be held in contempt of court? I miss her very much and I want something to be done. I have informed my attorney as soon as this started, but nothing has been done. Please, any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you-
A Dad in Oklahoma

U

usdeeper

What is her reason for the denial ??

Get another attorney and file for an order to show cause.. basically contempt of court as she is telling the court to get stuffed and abiding by her own rules.

U

usdeeper

I should add that a letter to her explaining that she is in contempt of the court order and that you will start legal action if she continues to deny you access is always the best way to start disputes..

R

Ronco

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by usdeeper:
I should add that a letter to her explaining that she is in contempt of the court order and that you will start legal action if she continues to deny you access is always the best way to start disputes.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have threatened her with that twice now. It doesn't affect her b/c her family seem to think they are above the law. This is Oklahoma and they want to handle disputes a bit different than normal people do. Her reason keeping my daughter from me is that she needs to talk to me about some things she saw her doing while she was playing alone. The only place she will meet me is at her home(which she STILL lives at home) and will not meet out in public somewhere. Let me tell you I have had more than one attempt to have my life taken by her father and brothers. So I naturally refuse that request. Besides, we have a mutual restraining order against each other. I can only see her to and from getting my daughter. My daughters mother will do anything to keep her from me, even if it means suggesting 'improper' things go on in my home. Which that is a totally false accusation and not for her to decide such things.

LegalBeagle

Unfortunately you have no choice but to continue with legal action. The fact that she refuses to see you but the house suggests they may be setting you up. Ie, if you have a r/o and you go to the house, you will be arrested when a complaint is made.

I suggest you start documenting everything that you have ever done with the child, places you went, people who saw you together etc so as to build up a picture of being a good father with no hint of abuse.

You need an attorney and to file a motion regarding denied visitation... Good luck..

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

J

Just Need Help!

Please read my posting "Is this kidnapping?". I don't want this to happen to you! Keep me updated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">