• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled adult being abused by adult children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carol8444

What are my rights? I have polio and have been disabled most of my life. Recently, I have been experiencing more problems health/ability wise. My children know that I need someone to help me with things like getting up out of bed and general help with chores because of a recent problem with my right arm. I've been to the doctor and was put on blood pressure med., hormones, and a muscle relaxer to correct my health problem. With all this in mind, my kids seldom help me and when they do, I am yelled at when I say anything they don't like. I have been told that if I keep talking to them in that way, meaning saying things they don't like(when I never know from one time to the next what to say) that I will be sure to be sent to a nursing home. They know that I have always feared being sent to a nursing home. What are my rights? I need help but must I be verbably abused in the process. I have told them that stress is bad for me because I have polio and it makes PPS worse but they act like they don't believe me. My blood pressure going up should be proof enough for them.

thank you, carol8444

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">