• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tannham33

My sister is married with 2 kids. She and the kids has had to leave home due to his getting drunk and busting her lip. She called the cops to come out and make a report but was told to come in the next morning and take out assault charges. Can she have him removed so she and the kids can go home until the divorce is settled. She has been a home make since the marriage and is not employed and no where to go and no money to stay anywhere. What are the laws concerning who gets to stay in the home( now)and if he will have to continue payment on the house, pay child support, etc.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tannham33:
My sister is married with 2 kids. She and the kids has had to leave home due to his getting drunk and busting her lip. She called the cops to come out and make a report but was told to come in the next morning and take out assault charges. Can she have him removed so she and the kids can go home until the divorce is settled. She has been a home make since the marriage and is not employed and no where to go and no money to stay anywhere. What are the laws concerning who gets to stay in the home( now)and if he will have to continue payment on the house, pay child support, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

In this order:

1. Make the police report, and have him arrested and removed.

2. Immediately, take the copy of the police report to the criminal court house.

3. See the Clerk at the filing window.

4. Ask for the forms for a Temporary Restraining Order. Fill them out with GRAPHIC DETAIL, using dates and times. Attach the copy of the Police Report.

5. Give the filled in forms back to the Clerk for filing. The Clerk will tell you which courtroom to go to for an IMMEDIATE hearing.

6. Tell your story to the judge (the judge will also have the papers you just filled out).

7. The judge will, most assuredly, grant the Temp Restraining Order, and set a date for a new hearing so both sides can be heard on the issue.

8. The courtroom clerk will give you your papers with the new Court hearing date.

9. You will now go the the Sheriff's office and give the Deputy the TRO papers. You will fill out "Service of Process" instructions for the Deputy. The Deputy will them have those papers served on the boyfriend/husband (I can't recall at this moment).

10. The TRO, when served on him, will instruct him to stay away from you, and to stay out of the family home. If he violates these orders, he can be arrested upon your calling the Police.

11. Everyone shows up on the appointed date and time back at the courthouse for a full blown hearing to determine whether or not the TRO should be made PERMANENT.

12. See an Attorney. File for Divorce.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

P

peter

UMMMM do you know that the overwhelming nuber of women who get abused are in the same situaton?

Guess what....its time yur sister became a feminist, and learn how to suppoort herself and the kids, school job training, and not to worry so much about child support, do you really want him visting the kids?

And then in a few years guess what , she will meet a nice guy, who will NOT want her to stay at home, and will never abuse her.

Its true, the amount of domestic abuse is VERY LOW in two income households!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Since when did you, Peter, aka LoudRich, become a Socialogist?

Peter, where's your research data?

I would appreciate it if you'd refrain from posting to any writer to whom I have responded.

As a matter of fact, you have no idea about what you're talking about and we would all be obliged if you'd stay OFF of the Family Law Board altogether.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">