• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do thry ever lose rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodmom

Everyone lives in PA. I have a ten month old son that was born out of wedlock. We have a court order for child support but nothing for custody. The father has NO interest in seing his son. He was married and they know have a daughter. My question is, as long as he pays his support will he ever lose his rights to visitation? if he never sees our son can he decide in like ten years he wants to? Also intill he files for visitation does he have any rights to him? I am hoping that one day he will want to be part of his life. thanks.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goodmom:
Everyone lives in PA. I have a ten month old son that was born out of wedlock. We have a court order for child support but nothing for custody. The father has NO interest in seing his son. He was married and they know have a daughter. My question is, as long as he pays his support will he ever lose his rights to visitation? if he never sees our son can he decide in like ten years he wants to? Also intill he files for visitation does he have any rights to him? I am hoping that one day he will want to be part of his life. thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would think that unless his name is on the birth certificate, since there has been no custody order or visitation set up he has no rights at the moment to see the child. If in ten years, or sooner, he decides to wear the *daddy* hat he would have to go to court for visitation.

LegalBeagle

Originally posted by goodmom:
as long as he pays his support will he ever lose his rights to visitation?

No.. even if he did not pay CS he still would not lose his visitation rights.

if he never sees our son can he decide in like ten years he wants to?

Yes.

Also intill he files for visitation does he have any rights to him?

No..

I am hoping that one day he will want to be part of his life. thanks.

Then you better make sure you have something court ordered for custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">