• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation of a minor with a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

booboojeni

Please help, I am 16 and I have a 10 month old son, I want to move in with my boyfriend, and babies father, but i dont know if I am considered an adult even though I am a mother, my parents are no help, and I need to get away from them as soon as possible, what options do i have??

G

Grandma B

They'll definitely need to know which state you're in before responding. Might also help to know your boyfriend's age and whether he is a student, has a job, etc. Are you sure your parents are no help--sounds like they're providing a home for you and your baby now.

A

Agent Orange

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by booboojeni:
Please help, I am 16 and I have a 10 month old son, I want to move in with my boyfriend, and babies father, but i dont know if I am considered an adult even though I am a mother, my parents are no help, and I need to get away from them as soon as possible, what options do i have??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET OUT OF YOUR PARENTS HOME THEN YOU NEED TO PROVE TO THE COURT SYSTEM (VIA EMANCIPATION) THAT YOU CAN PROVIDE NOT ONLY FOR YOURSELF, BUT FOR THE BABY. WITHOUT GOING ON WELFARE.

LOOK UP YOUR STATE CODES AND LAWS AS TO WHAT EMANCIPATION REQUIREMENTS ARE.

B

booboojeni

WE live in the state of NJ...My boyfriend is 19 and employed.

U

Ukiah

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by booboojeni:
WE live in the state of NJ...My boyfriend is 19 and employed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully they won't charge him with statutory rape because of your age differences.

It is good that he has a job. But you also need to get one to show that you are a responsible parent.Don't go on welfare, it's like living off your child (because without your child you wouldn't be able to collect the money).

Every child deserves to have both the mother and father in their lives. If you two are ready to make a lifelong commitment to each other, then I wish you all the luck. I'm sure you realize that you two won't be able to go out and party since you have the baby with you. You are also going to have to finish school (VERY IMPORTANT) and get a job to support the baby.

If you're not ready then maybe you should stay with your parents and get as much help from the as you possibly can, then when you are old enough, you can move out, go to college or what ever you need to do to provide for the child.

Good luck,
Ukiah

N

navywife_tx

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agent Orange:
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET OUT OF YOUR PARENTS HOME THEN YOU NEED TO PROVE TO THE COURT SYSTEM (VIA EMANCIPATION) THAT YOU CAN PROVIDE NOT ONLY FOR YOURSELF, BUT FOR THE BABY. WITHOUT GOING ON WELFARE.

LOOK UP YOUR STATE CODES AND LAWS AS TO WHAT EMANCIPATION REQUIREMENTS ARE.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, you are mentioning welfare in your posts. Why? Do you have an experience that you know from or something? I'm not trying to bash you but this is not the first time you've put it in your remarks and i'm curious as to why noone else mentions it but you make sure to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">