• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estranged husband accusing me of forging his name to checking account....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chelle38652

Mississippi-My husband and I separated last week after only 3 months of marriage due to my 4 year old daughter making some inappropriate comments regarding him showing her his private parts. She also said these things at the daycare she attends. I questioned him about this hoping that maybe she just accidentally saw "it" while he was using the bathroom, however, he changed his story several times and laughed about it. I have made her an appointment to see a Dr. who specializes in sexual abuse issues for next week. He had not yet put my name on his checking account, although I made several deposits into the account but he did give me permission to sign his name when I needed to write a check. The checks I signed his name to were for groceries, Dr. visits, household bills, a couple for cash which the bank cashed, etc. He is now saying that he did not give me permission to do this and thus the checks were "stolen". The bank has even returned a couple of the checks to a convenience store in which I bought gas stating that they were stolen and not his signature. My question is, what exactly are my rights on this, or do I have any at all? Can he have me arrested for fraud?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I am worried sick over all this. I could see him possibly being able to prosecute if the checks had been written for material things such as clothes, or excessive amounts of cash but I find it hard to believe that this can be done to pay for joint household bills.
I look forward to any answers.
[email protected]

U

usdeeper

Have you filed a police report for the child abuse ??... Remember, this is not just about you or your child. It should be your responsibility to protect other children that he may have access to later in life. If there is proof or your daughter is clear, report him.

This will have a secondary effect of making his word less believeable.

Someone else will have to answer the actual legal question..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">